About Us:

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
The British Science Association (BSA) is a charity, founded in 1831. Our vision is of a world where science is at the heart of society and culture. We aim to support, grow and diversify the community of people interested and involved in science; and to strengthen their influence over science's direction and place in society. The Norwich Branch was established in Autumn 2016 and is run entirely by volunteers. Please get in touch if you have ideas for events or would like to be involved!

Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Meet the Committee #2 - Amy Easey

Hi everyone!

Next up on the Meet the Committee series is Amy Easey who is one of our Publicity Officers. She can be found on Twitter and Instagram @easey0811.


Q: What is your role in the committee and what does it involve?

I’m one of the publicity officers for BSA Norwich, my role is to help publicise the events the branch is putting on. This is primarily done using our social media accounts (Facebook: British Science Association Norwich, Instagram and Twitter: @BritSciNorwich). 

I’m looking forward to being involved in the events too and making science fun, exciting and accessible for all!

Q: What is your current occupation?

I’m a PhD student at the University of East Anglia – now in my 3rd year, living and studying in Norwich. I work on creating new types of ligases that work better that the ones we have at the moment; ligases are proteins that can repair breaks in DNA. 

Before coming to Norwich I did my degree in Biomedical Science at the University of Hertfordshire and then went on to work as a forensic DNA analyst in London. 

Q: What do you like doing in your spare time?

In my spare time I enjoy trampolining and running. I like to cook, although I need to get a bit better at baking and making cakes! I also love a good TV series and love to read. 

Separate to my PhD I’m involved in other science outreach – I’m helping to organise a set of Pint of Science nights in Norwich, and I’m half of the social media accounts called @Teatimesci (Twitter and Instagram). 

Fun fact: I once won a dance off at a wedding by doing the worm.

Thanks Amy! :)

As always, if you have any thoughts or feedback regarding events, social media activity and blog posts from BSA Norwich then we'd love to hear from you! Also, please get in contact if you'd like to volunteer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment